Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
AccessMedicine Resources: Video Lectures
These videos may be shown as part of a flipped classroom approach in which students may view and then join together with a small group for further discussion, either in-person or online in a discussion board or virtual classroom. Subjects include: Anatomy, diagnostic reasoning, genetics, neurology, and pharmacology.
AccessMedicine Resources: Auscultation Classroom
Detailed explanations of normal and abnormal heart sounds, along with audio clips of the sounds to teach students how to identify cardiac abnormalities on physical examination
AccessMedicine Resources: Podcasts
Harrison’s Podclass are engaging discussions on key principles of internal medicine, around board-style case vignettes. Students may listen and then contribute to an online or in-person discussion of the key principles within the case.
AccessMedicine Resources: Books
Library of books, organized by basic sciences and clinical medicine specialties.
Assign chapter readings from each individual book via email, or paste the durable URL into your LMS.
Distance Learning Content on AccessMedicine
AccessMedicine Resources: Cases
Case Files Basic Sciences Cases
- Cases can be used to support case-based learning, flipped classroom, and team-based learning.
- Topics include anatomy, biochemistry, microbiology, neuroscience, pathology, pharmacology, and physiology.
- There are comprehension questions listed with each case, which may be emailed to the faculty.
- Online discussion board or in-person discussions can center around the outlined learning objectives associated with each case.
- Students may email their comprehension question results to faculty.
Pathophysiology of Disease Cases
- These basic science cases have questions for self-assessment practice.
Sherris Medical Microbiology Cases
- These basic science cases help reinforce medical microbiology concepts and have associated comprehension questions.
Clinical Neuroanatomy Cases
- Comprehensive neuroanatomy cases pose key questions about diagnosis. Students may think about the answer and see the correct responses by selecting “Answer."
Case Files Clinical Medicine Cases
- Medical specialty topics include anesthesiology, emergency medicine, internal medicine, family medicine, neurology, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, psychiatry, and surgery.
AccessMedicine offers a variety of review questions and flashcards which enable students to test their knowledge of basic science and clinical medicine subject matter.
For help, please reach out to Customer Success at McGraw Hill at CustomerSuccess@mheducation.com.
For institutional accounts:
- Please reach out to Customer Success for help with a technical issue, an existing institutional subscription, a trial subscription, marketing materials, setting up a training session, and more.
For individual subscribers:
- For help with an individual subscription, please email Online Customer service (OnlineCustomer_Service@mheducation.com) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. You may also call 1-888-307-5984 (toll free within the United States).
Online Resources Via AccessMedicine
AccessMedicine Resources: Pathophysiology Videos
Harrison’s Pathophysiology Animations take complex pathophysiology concepts and make them easy to understand with high quality visual animations.
Human Anatomy Modules
Human Anatomy Modules
These interactive modules allow for visualization of the human body in an interactive, 3D format where both male and female anatomy modules can be viewed. Choose a module and then utilize the options on the left-side of the screen to learn more about human anatomy
AccessMedicine Resources: Human Anatomy Tours
Human Anatomy Tours
Provides interactive and up-close views and explanations of different organ systems within the body
AccessMedicine Resources: 2 Minute Medicine
2 Minute Medicine journal article summaries can help facilitate an online or in-person journal club discussion of an important topic in clinical medicine.