Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What Is JAMAevidence?
JAMAevidence is the premier online resource for the teaching, learning, and application of evidence-based medicine, brought to you by McGraw-Hill and the JAMA Network.
JAMAevidence provides an authoritative, comprehensive website that will help students and clinicians identify, appraise, and use the best available evidence to assess health problems and the outcomes of health care.
Evidence-based medicine (EBM) integrates the best available evidence with clinical experience that allows clinicians to recommend, and their patients to make, informed choices consistent with their values. JAMAevidence helps decision makers identify the best available evidence by providing guides to the systematic consideration of the validity, importance, and applicability of claims about the assessment of health problems and the outcomes of health care.
Visit the JAMAevidence support page on the Access User Center for helpful user resources.
To engage with JAMAevidence content and resources, users need to create a free MyAccess profile (upper-right sign in dropdown menu) in JAMAevidence. Users are encouraged to login each time they use the site.
- Create a MyAccess Profile: To learn more about how to create a free MyAccess profile, select the PDF link below or visit the Access User Center at this link
Linking to Content
Faculty can link to content in JAMAevidence through their LMS using the durable URLs found in the browser of all text and chapter content and multimedia. For a tutorial on how to link to content in JAMAevidence via durable URLs, please visit the Access User Center at this link.
A monthly series of discussions of core issues in evidence-based medicine by leading practitioners in the field.
Recorded and produced by JAMA editors for JAMAevidence, an innovative online resource for using evidence to improve care.
The Glossary is a list of key terms pulled from each book to help with the understanding and retention of the information.
Calculators are functional, interactive tools designed to enhance the user's understanding of statistical and mathematical relationships in EBM.
Brief Overview of JAMAevidence
Users' Guides to the Medical Literature: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice, 3rd ed
- The Users' Guides is the centerpiece of EBM theory on JAMAevidence.
- Some of the online features include education guide slide sets that compliment the chapters, audio summaries, and critical appraisal and information cycle worksheets.
The Rational Clinical Examination: Evidence-Based Clinical Diagnosis
- Available for the first time in a single compilation, The Rational Clinical Examination articles and updates turn EBM theory into practice via topically organized chapters.
- The Make the Diagnosis sections of The Rational Clinical Examination summarize current evidence for clinical evaluation of a topic; compiling the evidence to make a diagnosis; and applying the evidence.
- This text demonstrates the correct way to learn the medical history and physical examination, giving direction in interpreting the results and answering questions that typical physical examination textbooks do not systematically address. There is a science behind the art of clinical examination.
JAMA Guide to Statistics and Methods
- This is a new practical guide to help clinicians understand increasingly complex methodologies and statistical analyses now used in clinical research.
- It was written without equations and specifically avoiding excessively detailed discussions about underlying assumptions, mathematical limitations, etc. The book is presented in narrative form, explaining abstract statistical concepts in such a way that clinicians can understand.
Care at the Close of Life: Evidence and Experience
- This groundbreaking resource offers expert guidance and carefully reviewed evidence on caring for patients at the end of life. It focuses on practical, real-world issues faced by primary care physicians and covers topics from communication issues to disease management to clinician self-care.
- The textbook was designed for all clinicians who care for patients facing serious progressive or terminal illness and their families. The book addresses the clinical reality that patient care cannot always be guided solely by the results of even the best population-based research but must also incorporate the clinician's experience, intuition, and compassion.
- It includes a self-assessment quiz and review questions in each chapter to ensure mastery of key concepts.
- The book will be useful to medical, nursing, and pharmacy students; interns and residents; social workers, chaplains; psychologists; physical, occupational, and rehabilitation therapy students; and hospice workers and volunteers.
For help, please reach out to Customer Success at McGraw Hill at CustomerSuccess@mheducation.com.
For institutional accounts:
- Please reach out to Customer Success for help with a technical issue, an existing institutional subscription, a trial subscription, marketing materials, setting up a training session and more.
For individual subscribers:
- For help with an individual subscription, please email Online Customer service (OnlineCustomer_Service@mheducation.com) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. You may also call 1-888-307-5984 (toll free within the United States).
Online Education Guide slide sets including teaching points to enhance classroom and conference learning.
- Users' Guides to the Medical Literature
- The Rational Clinical Examination
- JAMA Guide to Statistics and Methods
- Care at the Close of Life
Critical Appraisal Worksheets
Critical appraisal forms help users learn to evaluate research findings by considering validity, importance, and applicability of results. Notes entered into these worksheets by individually identified users are stored for later access and revision.
Information Cycle Worksheets
- General Overview Webinars:
- Sign up to attend an upcoming webinar. The session provides an overview of site features and available content.
- Archived Webinars:
- Browse our list of past webinars and register to view a recorded session.
- To request live custom training for your institution, email Customer Success at CustomerSuccess@mheducation.com.