Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What Is AccessHemOnc?
AccessHemOnc from McGraw-Hill Medical offers a new approach to hematology-oncology reference and research. Updated regularly, this comprehensive online HemOnc resource covers the entire spectrum of hematology-oncology from the basics to specialty-specific content – optimized for viewing on any device.
AccessHemOnc can assist fellows and residents in strengthening their skills with instant access to leading textbooks that will establish a solid base for learning, and allow practicing physicians to reinforce their medical knowledge for re-certification.
Why is AccessHemOnc unique?
AccessHemOnc provides unique benefits that deliver indispensable support in education and certification/recertification – through these exclusive interactive features:
- Online editions of leading references — Instantly connect to the world’s leading hematology-oncology references, including Williams Hematology, Hematology-Oncology Therapy, and The MD Anderson Manual of Oncology. Each text is featured in its most current edition, and all references are fully searchable.
- Helpful diagnostic resources — The latest clinical texts provide information to help speed diagnosis of the three main blood cancers: leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.
Visit the AccessHemOnc support page on the Access User Center for helpful user resources.
To engage with AccessHemOnc and its content and resources, users need to create a free MyAccess profile (upper-right sign in dropdown menu) in AccessHemOnc. Users are encouraged to login each time they use the site.
- Create a MyAccess Profile: To learn more about how to create a free MyAccess profile, select the PDF link below or visit the Access User Center at this link
The animation starts with the breast anatomy, and shows the biological mechanism that leads to breast cancer, including the 4 stages of progression.
Animation showing the pathogenesis and takes you through the 4 stages of prostate cancer
Linking to Content
Faculty can link to content in AccessHemOnc through their LMS using the durable URLs found in the browser of all text and chapter content, multimedia, cases, study tools, and clerkship content. For a tutorial on how to link to content in AccessHemOnc via durable URLs, please visit the Access User Center at this link.
Brief Overview of AccessHemOnc
In the Books tab in AccessHemOnc, you will find some of the leading current, authoritative text resources. Check out the library at these links:
- Complete Full-Text Library
- Archived Textbooks
- In the archived textbooks page, browse previous editions of textbooks or other books retired from the site. The archive provides access to older editions of textbooks hosted on AccessHemOnc for purposes of reference.
Check out these new and noteworthy texts in AccessHemOnc:
Williams Hematology, 9e
- This edition of Williams Hematology includes changes designed to facilitate ease of access to information, both within the book and its associated links, and has been modestly reorganized to reflect our greater understanding of the origins of hematologic disorders.
- Each chapter has been revised or rewritten to provide current information.
- Recognizing that at the heart of diagnostic hematology is blood and marrow cell morphology, we have continued our incorporation of informative color images of the relevant disease topics in each chapter, allowing easy access to illustrations of cell morphology important to diagnosis.
Hematology-Oncology Therapy, 2e
- Hematology-Oncology Therapy is a comprehensive cancer therapy guide that delivers more than 500 combination treatment regimens in oncology.
- We have published in Hematology-Oncology Therapy, all the regimens currently available and administered for cancer-related diseases. The 500+ regimens, toxicity, patient population studied, monitoring, treatment modifications, and efficacy are all available in an easy-to-read tabular format and supported with data.
- Our world renowned and leading hematology-oncology experts have compiled data and information from journals and other publications that would require significant investment in subscription costs by the reader from various sources.
Goodman & Gilman's: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13e
- The gold-standard of pharmacology texts and completely updated to reflect the latest research and developments.
- Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13/e, represents the pinnacle of authority and accuracy in describing the actions and uses of therapeutic agents in relation to physiology and pathophysiology. Goodman & Gilman’s careful balance of basic science and clinical application has guided thousands of practitioners and students to a clear understanding of the drugs essential to preventing, diagnosing, and treating disease.
- The 13th edition includes more than 500 color illustrations, with many new figures emphasizing mechanisms of drug action. More than 30 new contributors have added to this edition, while the focus on basic principles is undiminished.
- This edition is enhanced by timely new content.
The prize-winning Problem Solving series are authored by the UK-based Association of Cancer Physicians (ACP). The ACP are the representative body for medical oncologists in the United Kingdom.
These titles are valuable learning tools for physicians, nurses, NPs, PAs, graduate medical trainees, care managers and anyone involved in cancer care.
Problem Solving in Oncology
- This text offers an overview of care in oncology via teaching chapters and real life case studies as a practical hands-on guide. Presents a comprehensive caseload as seen by the oncologist with a practical review of modern oncology therapy.
- It is an up-to-date reference for the busy physician. Real-life patient and common but yet challenging patient scenarios are presented and each case in the book begins with a few practical questions, followed by clinical presentation.
- The reader is led through the logical work-up of a case to reach a diagnosis. An algorithm accompanies most cases to provide a rapid pictorial overview of the clinical steps to reach a diagnosis.
Problem Solving through Precision Oncology
- This text is clear and concise overview of the latest developments in precision oncology from 76 experts and leaders in this area of oncology.
- The book provides an understanding of the underlying principles of precision oncology, and a map of future developments. It is an invaluable companion for oncologists in practice and training surgeons, general physicians, oncology nurses, primary care, clinical scientists, strategic and operations managers in healthcare.
Problem Solving in Older Cancer Patients
- This is an evidence-based guidebook that assists clinical teams in managing older cancer patient to implement appropriate treatment strategy, taking account of comorbidities, frailty, and patient choice.
- It is a useful contribution to improving planning for the care of older cancer patients and the development of clinical care teams from oncology, geriatrics, and primary care.
- Case studies have been included to provide concise discussion of patient presentation and of scenarios experienced by older patients, followed by appraisal of how the latest research should influence patient management in each case.
Problem Solving in Patient-Centred and Integrated Cancer Care
- A multidisciplinary review including the latest developments in patient centered care from 90 experts and leaders.
Hematology-Oncology Clinical Questions
- This quick reference has been published in a question and answer format and includes the most clinically relevant questions within hematology-oncology. This is an evidence-base title that provides clarity on the most "confusing" questions within this evolving field. It's a resource for quickly converting the most current data and research into practical, diagnostic real-time solutions. The content flow simulates the consultation process: Question--->Data--->Synthesis--->Solution.
- The initial chapters prepare you with essential background fundamental of hematology-oncology. Subsequent chapters are divided into tumor types, beginning with solid tumor types, and then hematologic malignancies. Each chapter includes: Key Concepts, The Clinical Scenario, The Action Items, Pearls.
- The content includes cancer screening, genetic and familial cancer syndromes. Screening for familial cancer syndromes and what tests are necessary are becoming an absolute necessity and has probably contributed to the reduction of cancer rates in the United States. Other important topics in this quick reference cover supportive care and end of life. Hematology-Oncology Clinical Questions reviews the most current chemotherapy agents and particularly of note, the coverage of immunotherapy, and includes illustrations showing the mechanisms of action.
- The book is clinically relevant especially for residents and medical students, who are rotating through their internal medicine or sub-specialty rotations (hematology-oncology). Oncology nurses, NPs, and PAs will also find essential value in this quick reference.
AccessHemOnc features a variety of content concerning diversity in medicine, education, and practice. As part of McGraw Hill's commitment to inclusion and diversity in our content, the resources here represent what is currently available on AccessHemOnc, which is a dynamic site featuring regular updates, concerning diversity in medicine. Resources from AccessHemOnc highlighted on this page include textbooks, chapters, and cases, including:
You can read more about McGraw Hill's commitment to inclusion and diversity at: https://www.mheducation.com/about/inclusion-diversity.html.
The Quick Reference section of AccessHemOnc provides quick diagnosis and treatment answers.
Williams Hematology Manual
Williams Manual of Hematology provides a convenient and easily navigable précis of the epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis, diagnostic criteria, differential diagnosis, and therapy of blood cell and coagulation protein disorders. The 93 chapters in the Manual are a distillation of the disease- and therapy-focused chapters of the ninth edition of Williams Hematology. The Manual is a handbook, but it is comprehensive. It is organized into 12 parts, paralleling the ninth edition of Williams Hematology, yet of a size that permits it to serve as a companion to the physician in the hospital or clinic.
This is important safety information regarding human medical products.
New Treatment Regimens
Details of new cancer regimens being introduced into clinical practice include drugs, dosages, and treatment schedules; supportive care; patient population studied; efficacy; therapy monitoring; treatment modification; and adverse events. To keep up with newly posted regimens, sign up for a free MyAccess Profile and elect to receive daily, weekly or monthly alerts for AccessHemOnc.
For help, please reach out to Customer Success at McGraw Hill at CustomerSuccess@mheducation.com.
For institutional accounts:
- Please reach out to Customer Success for help with a technical issue, an existing institutional subscription, a trial subscription, marketing materials, setting up a training session and more.
For individual subscribers:
- For help with an individual subscription, please email Online Customer service (OnlineCustomer_Service@mheducation.com) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. You may also call 1-888-307-5984 (toll free within the United States).
Cases in AccessHemOnc provide materials for short, targeted case-based learning. They vary slightly, but for each case you get a patient history and systems review, short answer questions, clinical pearls, and references. Cases are durable URL-enabled and can be linked to in coursework, e.g., LMS, lecture slides, etc. The results of the quizzes can be emailed and collected for a grade, e.g., student to instructor.
Cases can be generated from these resources in AccessHemOnc:
- Hematology-Oncology Board Review and Cases
- Williams Hematology Cases
The Study Tools tab in AccessHemOnc provides:
- Pathophysiology of Blood Disorders, 2e
- General Overview Webinars:
- Sign up to attend an upcoming webinar. The session provides an overview of site features and available content.
- Archived Webinars:
- Browse our list of past webinars and register to view a recorded session.
- To request live custom training for your institution, email Customer Success at CustomerSuccess@mheducation.com.